There are plenty enjoyable activities available in Paris. To avoid being “troubled” by having too many options, go to the top 10 things to do in Paris ideas below to arrange a wonderfully unforgettable journey with Topvehicless!
- 1 1. Top 10 things to do in Paris – Climb Montmartre’s steps
- 2 2. Top 10 things to do in Paris – Visit the grounds of the Louvre.
- 3 3. Top 10 things to do in Paris – Take a break knowing about Parisian coffee culture.
- 4 4. Top 10 things to do in Paris – Take a trip to the Centre Pompidou for Contemporary Art
- 5 5. Top 10 things to do in Paris – Watch the sunset from the Eiffel Tower.
- 6 6. Top 10 things to do in Paris – Walking around in the Luxembourg Gardens
- 7 7. Top 10 things to do in Paris – City view from the roof of Notre-Dame de Paris
- 8 8. Top 10 things to do in Paris – Giving last respects at Père-Lachaise Cemetery
- 9 9. Top 10 things to do in Paris – Amaze at the splendor of the Sacré-Coeur Basilica.
- 10 10. Top 10 things to do in Paris – Go to Paris’s oldest bookshop.
1. Top 10 things to do in Paris – Climb Montmartre’s steps
This lovely Montmartre hill is a popular destination for many tourists to Paris, offering a broad and stunning perspective of the entire city. Another memorable characteristic of this location is the stone steps, as well as the twisting little lanes that remain despite the large number of people that visit.
2. Top 10 things to do in Paris – Visit the grounds of the Louvre.
The Louvre Palace and Museum has one of the world’s largest art collections. To access the museum, one must first pass through the glass pyramid designed by Chinese-American architect I.M. Pei, a remarkable piece of art that stands “against” the classicism of the Louvre palace. Following that, you may take your time admiring the more than 30,000 works of art on display.
3. Top 10 things to do in Paris – Take a break knowing about Parisian coffee culture.
Cafés were frequently used as gathering locations for authors, artists, philosophers, intellectuals, and revolutionaries in ancient Paris, and probably still are now. Parisians have a tendency of frequently stopping at their favorite cafes, either to meet lovers and friends or to simply relax in a quiet secluded nook to read a book or a newspaper. When you visit Paris, try this sensation and you will feel like a true Parisian, as well as learn a lot more about living here.
4. Top 10 things to do in Paris – Take a trip to the Centre Pompidou for Contemporary Art
The Pompidou Center was regarded as “the most sophisticated building in the world” when it originally debuted in the 1970s. The building’s outside is strikingly designed, with water pipes painted in vibrant and crisscrossing hues and an outdoor elevator on the building’s side. The most prominent collections of Paris and contemporary art are displayed here. Furthermore, the square in front of the center is an excellent location for seeing the surrounding beauty and participating in various outdoor activities.
5. Top 10 things to do in Paris – Watch the sunset from the Eiffel Tower.
Its 7,000-ton spire, one of the most famous monuments in the world, provides the greatest perspective of Paris. When architect Alexandre Gustave Eiffel erected the tower for the International Exhibition in 1889, this architectural masterpiece was ridiculed and termed “the greatest lamppost in the world”. Nonetheless, after more than a century of life, it has become a symbol of international architecture as well as a symbol of Paris.
6. Top 10 things to do in Paris – Walking around in the Luxembourg Gardens
The Luxembourg Gardens are a series of gardens created in the typical French classical style, located on the left bank of the River. This is a popular meeting place in Paris for students, artists, and children… Luxembourg today attracts numerous tourists from all over the world. Another intriguing aspect of visiting this location is the opportunity to play boules (grass bowling) with an old group of guys wearing black berets and smoking Gauloises cigarettes.
7. Top 10 things to do in Paris – City view from the roof of Notre-Dame de Paris
Notre Dame Cathedral is the center of not just Paris, but also of France. The distance from Paris to the rest of France is calculated using a landmark at Notre Dame, specifically a bronze sign marking the zero kilometer in the courtyard in front of the church. When you come here, you should see the famous gargoyle on the roof of the church, which provides a great perspective of the city environment.
8. Top 10 things to do in Paris – Giving last respects at Père-Lachaise Cemetery
Pere Lachaise Cemetery, located in the 20th arrondissement, is one of the most visited cemeteries in the world, as it is the final resting place of many famous people, including: Sarah Bernhardt, Honoré de Balzac, Jacques-Louis David, Eugène Delacroix, Maria Callas, Jim Morrison, Max Ernst, and Georges Bizet… Visitors frequently kiss Oscar Wilde’s tomb, leaving many red lipstick stains.
9. Top 10 things to do in Paris – Amaze at the splendor of the Sacré-Coeur Basilica.
Constructed as a labor to devote to Jesus’ heart in order to assist France escape disasters. Sacré-Coeur is now one of France’s most recognizable sights. Historically, the great painter Maurice Utrillo painted here, and the poet Max Jacob came here frequently to pray. The Sacré-Cur Basilica, with its white domes and majestic bell towers, is located on the top of the Montmartre hill.
10. Top 10 things to do in Paris – Go to Paris’s oldest bookshop.
Shakespeare & Company, an old bookseller, is located on the banks of the Seine. Famous writers such as Ernest Hemingway, James Joyce, Ezra Pound, and Ford Madox Ford have all visited. It was also used in the movie Midnight in Paris, directed by the legendary Woody Allen…
Paris is a city that always captures the hearts of all tourists. Whether you visit the romantic gardens, the fanciful side streets of Monmartre, the haute couture or the historic art sites, you will always have an unforgettable feeling.